This article describes how to accept the ToolBox Project Membership Liability Waiver and Tool Use Policy (Policy). This policy is effective Monday, May 1, 2023. All members must accept this policy to reserve tools online and to check them out.
There are two ways to accept the Policy: online and in person when checking out tools. We recommend that members use the online method at their convenience. If that is not possible or the process is not clear, we will be happy to assist you in person when you visit us next.
For questions about the Policy, please contact us.
Phone or text: 541-838-0125
Address: 2235 Adams Street, Eugene, OR
1. Visit our online system using the following link:
2. Login with your username or email address, and password.
3. After you login, you will be presented with a form, Required Agreements.
4. Click the Sign button for the Policy. You will be presented with the Policy. Read the Policy, scrolling to the end of the page.
5. To accept the Policy, click the I Agree button.
6. You may continue to use MyTurn to browse and search for tools, and make reservations for tools.
In person checkout (for ToolBox Project staff and volunteer use only)
1. When checking out a tool in person, staff or a volunteer will determine whether you have agreed to the Policy.
2. If you have not yet agreed, then we will offer you the option to review a print version of the Policy.
3. After you have read the Policy and you wish to agree, return the printed Policy to us and continue the checkout process.
4. In our system online:
5. Scroll to the end of the page.
6. Optionally click the button Email a Copy to send a copy to the member by email.
7. Click the button [Member First and Last Name] Agrees.
This video is for ToolBox Project members to learn how to reserve tools on their own through their ToolBox Project account in MyTurn. Reservations are not required to borrow tools from ToolBox Project, but it can be helpful to reserve in-demand tools.